What's new in Print Window 5?
- Print Window no longer shows a debugging window when a file listing is complete. Oops! Sorry about that.
- Print Window is now a 64-bit application.
- Numerous changes for additional macOS Mojave compatibility.
- Print Window now requires macOS 10.10 or better.
- Print engine is significantly faster for some types of file listings.
- Improved display of icons in the Print Options and Preferences windows when shown on a Retina display.
- Fixed an issue where some text could display in the wrong color in the Print Options window.
- Print Window now displays file counter with thousands separators in the Progress window.
- Completely revamped error reporting system. The new system is more reliable and provides more robust information in the unlikely case an error does occur.
- Various other minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Fixed an issue that could cause columns to begin above the header when using the Names Only style and including headers.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when clicking "Cancel" when saving a file listing as a file.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Revamped Drop Window UI. New look is cleaner and provides better direction for new users.
- Built-in Help Book has been reorganized and is now easier to navigate.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when saving a file listing as a CSV file.
- When using the Thumbnails style, Print Window will only include videos that can actually be viewed in macOS. Previously, some un-viewable videos could be included, but only appeared as a blank space.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the first line of file listings to overlap the header when not printing icons.
- The "Print File Listing…" option under the "File" menu should now always be available when appropriate. Previously, it could remain disabled when a previous file listing was cancelled.
- Various other minor bug fixes and enhancements.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when starting a file listing.
- Various other minor bug fixes and enhancements.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Print Window to crash when the splash window closed. (This only affected the non-Mac App Store version of Print Window. The Mac App Store version remains at Version 5.2.)
- Added new “CSV File” Format. This will create a CSV file that adheres to RFC 4180.
- Snazzy new application icon!
- “Print Options” window UI now better fits in with the Mac OS X Yosemite aesthetic.
- Global Print Window menu now uses a proper status menu icon, instead of just the application icon.
- Many under-the-hood changes to play better with Mac OS X Yosemite.
- Drop Window now uses the same visual style no matter what version of Mac OS X is being used.
- Fixed an issue that could cause icons in the Print Options window to lose their transparency.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the “Select Folder” icon in the Drop Window to have an incorrect appearance in Mac OS X Mavericks.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain circumstances, the global Print Window menu could become unresponsive.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain circumstances, selecting a preset from the global Print Window menu could cause a crash.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Presets menu to revert to default and cause a crash when trying to load presets.
- The Presets menu in the “Print Options” window no longer automatically selects the “Default” preset after adding a new preset.
- It is no longer possible to select the “Names Only” style when any of the “File” formats are selected. Previously, this could cause a crash or incorrect output.
- Improved handling of keyboard tabbing order when “Full Keyboard Access” is turned on in System Preferences.
- Fixed issue that could cause checking for updates to fail.
- Added ability to save directly to a PDF file without having to go through the system Print dialog first. This option can be accessed by holding down the Option key while the “File” menu is open or by holding down the Option key and clicking the “Print” button in the “Print Options” window. This option is only available when using Print Window Advanced.
- It is no longer possible to start a new file listing while the “Print Options” window is already visible.
- Fixed an issue where Print Window Advanced allowed you to print a file listing even if no fields were selected in the “Print Options” window.
- Fixed an issue where some options in the “Header and Footer” section of the “Print Options window would not properly disable when “Include Header and Footer” was not selected.
- Other minor bug fixes and under-the-hood changes.
- Fixed an issue that could still prevent the Copy/Paste/Cut keyboard shortcuts from working correctly in the registration window.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the “Check for Update…” function to sometimes fail.
- Additional speed optimizations in the Print Engine.
- Mac App Store-specific fixes.
- Fixed an issue where a black circle would appear when using Tags in a Full List file listing on localized versions of Mac OS X.
- Fixed an issue where Print Window would crash when reading older version Preferences files.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the Help from being available.
- When entering name and serial number in the registration window, leading and trailing spaces are now removed.
- Copy/Paste/Cut keyboard shortcuts now work in the registration window.
- Added a "Drop Window". File listings can now be initiated by dropping a folder from the Finder into this window.
- Implemented Presets. These replace the old "Save as Defaults" option and allow the user to save multiple different file listing settings for quick recall.
- Implemented a Print Window Status Menu. This is an icon that appears in the upper-right corner of the menu bar. It allows quick access to Print Window and Print Window presets from the Finder.
- Underlying print engine now uses a new threading model and, in most cases, is much faster (up to 800% faster than Print Window 4 in testing).
- Print Window now allows the user to select the grid size to use when printing using the "Thumbnails" style.
- The "Thumbnails" style will now work with video files. Print Window will print the poster frame of video files, if available, otherwise it will use the QuickLook preview for the movie.
- File listings can now be sorted in Ascending or Descending order.
- Implemented option to include a custom graphic in file listing headers.
- Print Window is now a Cocoa-based application.
- Print Window now supports Retina displays.
- Print Window is now much more memory efficient.
- The "Thumbnails" style now makes more efficient use of available space on the page.
- Print Window no longer allows folder expansion when the "Names Only" style is used and the file name is under the icon.
- When using the "Names Only" style, the order of files will differ depending on placement of the filename. If the filename is to the right of the icon, file order, as before, will be top to bottom. If the filename is below the icon, file order will be from left to right.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an error message complaining about the file format not matching in Excel when opening files generated by Print Window.
- Revamped the Print Options window UI. Now better matches current Mac OS X UI aesthetic. Options that do not apply to currently selected Format and Style settings are no longer shown.
- Fixed an issue where Print Window would leave a blank space when it encountered a non-picture file when using the "Thumbnails" style.
- Preferences window UI has been revamped.
- Font options are now part of the Print Options window and no longer part of the Preferences window.
- Updated the look of headers and footers in printed file listings.
- Canceling a file listing is now much more reliable.
- Minimum system requirements are now Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Print Window now properly handles Tags in Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Print Window is now sandboxed (Mac App Store version only)
- Revamped Help Book.
- Finder Contextual Menu options have been completely removed from Print Window.
- Various tweaks and bug fixes—too numerous to list.